For one of my Artist's Way assignments this week, I have to travel back in time and remember people in my past who were "enemies" of the my creative self. I find that "Enemy" is a strong word and I don't like to think that I have any enemies, but I will say that I have been wounded by wounded people in my past as it relates to my creative endeavors.
While doing this assignment, I was inspired to create this list. I hope you find it helpful when dealing with enemies, critics and the like.
10 things to do about critics (internal and otherwise)
1. Hug them: No better way to crush the will of a cynical person who has nothing positive or encouraging to say (and if the critic is inside your hear, hug yourself)
2. Get a bat and chase them up the street…( just kidding, but it may help if you imagine that you’re doing it)
3. Ignore them (What the hell do critics know anyway?!)
4. Let them control you because the fear of following your dream scares the hell out of you
5. Take a walk to clear your self of all the muck they’ve left behind.
6. Put on some good music and shake that load off.
7. Call a Supportive friend
8. Laugh loudly: critics hate that
9. Write yourself an encouraging letter
10. Keep moving forward with your dream